Thursday, June 2, 2011

I said in class that I saw the Jonas Brothers 3D movie during the weekend, why did everyone start laughing?

The TA asked if someone went to the movies during the weekend and I totally raised my hand without thinking that she might ask what I saw, well, she asked and I just answered the truth and next thing I know.... a class (college) of more than 100 people was cracking up!



I need a hugz :(



....religiously speaking of course!

How can I change my identity?I said in class that I saw the Jonas Brothers 3D movie during the weekend, why did everyone start laughing?
Awww, you poor little puddin'. Come on over and sit in Daddy's lap...I said in class that I saw the Jonas Brothers 3D movie during the weekend, why did everyone start laughing?
umm Fallout boy will never forgive youI said in class that I saw the Jonas Brothers 3D movie during the weekend, why did everyone start laughing?
They are just immature losers. Keep on lovin' those Jonas Brothers!I said in class that I saw the Jonas Brothers 3D movie during the weekend, why did everyone start laughing?
If it had been a fifth grade class, nobody would have laughed.I said in class that I saw the Jonas Brothers 3D movie during the weekend, why did everyone start laughing?
(((Princess)))



Spiritually speaking how does Samuel L Jackson feel knowing you didn't watch Snakes on a Plane?



_()_I said in class that I saw the Jonas Brothers 3D movie during the weekend, why did everyone start laughing?
You sound like you are in 5th grade. Grow the f**k up.I said in class that I saw the Jonas Brothers 3D movie during the weekend, why did everyone start laughing?
You know, you could have recovered by saying that you meant SOAP.I said in class that I saw the Jonas Brothers 3D movie during the weekend, why did everyone start laughing?
*hugz*

*hugz*

*hugz*



but now you have to not listen to JBI said in class that I saw the Jonas Brothers 3D movie during the weekend, why did everyone start laughing?
Probably cuz it's a movie geared at younger audiences. dont let it get to you.I said in class that I saw the Jonas Brothers 3D movie during the weekend, why did everyone start laughing?
awww



thats cute lolzI said in class that I saw the Jonas Brothers 3D movie during the weekend, why did everyone start laughing?
Sorry i haven't seen the movie so can't commentI said in class that I saw the Jonas Brothers 3D movie during the weekend, why did everyone start laughing?
((((princess))))



Maybe it's because if you're of college age your musical tastes should have matured a bit by now. The Jonas Brothers are for tweeners.I said in class that I saw the Jonas Brothers 3D movie during the weekend, why did everyone start laughing?
Bring a kid to class and claim that you were babysitting this weekend and they needed you again last minute.I said in class that I saw the Jonas Brothers 3D movie during the weekend, why did everyone start laughing?
Call to Jeebuz foar halp!I said in class that I saw the Jonas Brothers 3D movie during the weekend, why did everyone start laughing?
Sweetheart, the Jonas Brothers is a bubble gum band, designed to give millions of pubescent girls someone to have their first crush on. Their music is simplistic and their lyrics are pure pablum. The movie critics have been mercilessly panning that film since it was released.



Remember the Monkees? Probably not...



Perhaps if you showed up in class next time wearing an old Joe Satriani tee shirt and reeking of marijuana, you might regain a bit of credibility.



((((Princess))))I said in class that I saw the Jonas Brothers 3D movie during the weekend, why did everyone start laughing?
I read your post on here last night and was thinking about it at work today and thought I would come back and say a few words on the subject of pop music. Hopefully this will help you to see things a little differently in a good way.



You know I kind of have to laugh when I hear people talk about maturity when it comes to pop music. How that music is immature and that music is more grown up. Really if you were to take all pop music rap music and country music and analysis it and look at its form and sturcture and cord progressions you would find that all, and I emphasize all, of it is really not very muture at all. These people don't really spend much time putting these tunes together. If you were to study classiscal music you would see how complex and muture music really could be. Believe me when John Rutter writes a requiem he spends some time on it, improving the melody and getting just the right chord progressions and getting those four part harmonies not to go in parallel fifths(a bad thing to do in four part voice writing). I went to a musical school and studied all that stuff about part writing and looking at Bach and Beethoven. How pop music is immature and below the standards of us as musical students. For years after leaving that school I had a hard time listening to pop because I felt like I was commiting some horrible sin by listening to it.



Now I say all that to say this. Pop music is not written to be mature. It is written to sound good, and what I mean there is to sell albums or get radio air play. So really there is nothing wrong with the Jonas Brothers. On the scale of maturity from 1 to 10, 1 being the most immature I'm sure that pop music that the rest of the class listens to is only one point up from the Jonas brothers songs or on the same level as them. As far as pop music goes I don't see what the problem is as far as the music itself. Also I think the hang up is only that they are under 18, but their songs are the same as the pop singers in there 20s or 30s, as far a musical maturity goes.



Anyway, I can now listen to pop and enjoy it again and I don't see a big deal listening to it, or the Jonas Brothers, even though I don't go out of my way to listen to them myself, but I like their songs. I still listen to classical now and then but mostly to pop. So don't be too upset about it and listen to whatever you like and enjoy it. Remember it is all immature so it doesn't matter which songs you choose to like, it is for entertainment purposes, just like a movie. Something to pass the time and make you feel good or sad, whatever mood you feel like that day.I said in class that I saw the Jonas Brothers 3D movie during the weekend, why did everyone start laughing?
OMG! i love the jonas brothers and i dont care if people make fun of me for it! there is nothing wrong me with. just be yourself!I said in class that I saw the Jonas Brothers 3D movie during the weekend, why did everyone start laughing?
((HUG))



Change? Not be you? - that would be wrong! Be YOU!

Your have more courage and strength than the 100 others of this class. Nothing wrong in being better than others.



Peace.