Thursday, November 18, 2010

Can you change the identity of an iPod on your computer?

I am planning on purchasing a new iPod nano, the 8 gb second gen to be specific. I currently own a 2 gb first gen. version which I plan on giving to my daughter. Once I receive the new one how would I go about changing the identity on my old one? When I connect the new one I will have to name it so itunes recognizes it and obviously I would give it the name that the 2gb currently has. The 2gb would then be in my daughters name. Any ideas?Can you change the identity of an iPod on your computer?
first change the name of the 2 gb one. then youll have to download the new version of itunes for the 8gb one to be fully accessible(dont worry your daughters ipod will be able to work with the new itunes) and then just go about setting the ipod up