Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I need to change the identity of my computer as much as possible?

PLEASE ONLY SERIOUS ANSWERS OR ANSWER IF YOU CAN HELP ME!



I know that your computer has specific identifying mechanisms,(internally) like the IP address and other things like that. I need to change the name of my computer. For instance, when I go to command prompt, my name displays in the command line. How can I change this? Whenever my husband set up my laptop, he put my name there. What things can I do to semi alter the identification of my computer, besides buying a new one? I want to change the name, possibly change the IP (some say you can, and others say you can't). We have a router for wireless and a desktop that is plugged into the wall. I sent an email from a gmail account about some things that shouldn't be happening at my job and I'm afraid that the person may get a hold to the email that was sent and try to trace it. It was sent from a fake email that isn't listed as my name. But even so, please help me with ways that I can unidentify my computer in any way. I am very paranoid and nervous. Please Help!I need to change the identity of my computer as much as possible?
on the desktop right click on My Computer, click on properties, then computer name, then click on the button on the bottom that says change.

then just enter the new name and ok then your all set.I need to change the identity of my computer as much as possible?
First thing you need to do is relax. If you sent an email from a gmail account and as long as you dont work for the government or the mob then you have nothing to worry about. No one out there is going to go through so much trouble to see who is sending the email and the only ones capable of doing so would be hackers. Trust me you have nothing to worry about.