Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How many generations was your family in the US before your social identity changed to that of American?

Lets say your family came from France, how many generations before you were culturally American instead of French ... i.e., language, dress, manerism, social circles, etcHow many generations was your family in the US before your social identity changed to that of American?
my family has been here for tens of thousands of years...forever really ...and we still aren't americans. we are older than america.How many generations was your family in the US before your social identity changed to that of American?
Two...

Many people go out of their way to point out I am not American, in innuendoes.

Like constantly asking %26quot;are you Korean/Chinese/Japanese%26quot;... I don't mind, because I am not all that proud a person and being American wouldn't boost my ego anyway.

Sometimes as a joke I ask them in return, %26quot;are you British/Italian/etc?%26quot;, they catch on and often get bitter at me.
  • i own a problem near my computer
  • how to dj with a laptop
  •