Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How has the working class identity changed and why?

i'm currently doing A-level Sociology, and i need help answering this question to complete my essay.How has the working class identity changed and why?
working class indentity has changed very much because much of what is considered %26quot;working class%26quot; labor actually requires a fair bit of skill. Plumbers, Carpenters, Auto mechanics for example all require a high level of skill (subtract the redneck auto mechanic who only works on old pickups) Plumbers earn a 6 figure wage as do many carpenters. I'm a plumber and not to brag, I recently paid off my 3300 sq ft house while many of my friends who are university graduates are still struggling to pay off student loans along with mortgages for their tiny condos. Unfortunately when most people see my driving my 2007 BMW M3, they think I'm a white collar worker, not blue.