Thursday, September 22, 2011

How long will your “I” exist?

Within nature everything changes. Some things grow and something decay. Even matter has a rate of reduction caused by subatomic particles abandoning their nucleolus.



Considering the fact that your body grows and changes but your identity remain constant, why do you think that your “I” will change when your body dies? It seems logical to say if identity is constant through bodily changes it will continue to be constant after the ultimate change of death.How long will your “I” exist?
Makes sense to me.How long will your “I” exist?
In a way, forever, as that individual does not ever fully die, as he/she is alive in your heart and memories. So everyone in a way, does live forever. They live in the memories of those they loved %26amp; loved them. Also, they are survived genetically by those related to them.



In a different way, I think it happens when the last noticeable trace of your body matter has fully be decomposed and reabsorbed into the earth.How long will your “I” exist?
our soul is our identity and who we areHow long will your “I” exist?
Only for an instant. At each instant it will change slightly, but it takes so long for the change to be significant we usually don't notice. Confusion of similarity with sameness is the issue.How long will your “I” exist?
But your %26quot;I%26quot; does change just as a river changes from it's source to its mouth and at some point you just declare the river dead. If I stay constant, I cannot learn or change.How long will your “I” exist?
%26quot;It seems logical to say if identity is constant through bodily changes it will continue to be constant after the ultimate change of death.%26quot;



But identity is not constant through bodily changes. My identity has changed greatly since my body stopped being that of a child.How long will your “I” exist?
For me, my %26quot;I%26quot; will stop at the moment my brain dies. My %26quot;I%26quot; might last a bit longer in the minds of people who remember me.
  • excel
  • advice on high school
  •