Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Why do I feel this constant emptiness, I've done self-help work, and have a best friend who loves me 4 me, but?

it is always there in quiet moments.

fortunately my life is extremely busy but when things quiet down, I crave fantasies of escapism, weight loss, smoking, some kind of identity change. Life is just boring I guess and family doesn't fulfill me. I get more full in intimate relationships but now that I am single, I am searching for a replacement and there just is nothing quite good enough.

- no time to exercise

- don't want death sticks to ruin my life

- little time for hobbies cuz i work so dang much

- dad is an a$$hole, mom is more a kid that I parent (reversed roles)

- like my siblings and i mentor a 9 yr old girl but it is just never deep enough of a connection like a significant other is



something is off. any ideas how to solve this? plz don't suggest therapy, i've done it and it hasn't helped and i don't want it on my record.

many thanks!Why do I feel this constant emptiness, I%26039;ve done self-help work, and have a best friend who loves me 4 me, but?
First, not all therapists are the same, and I would give it another try.



Secondly, the time you are spending on the computer could be used for exercise, hobbies and outdoor activities.



Third, it seems that you are trying to hard to %26quot;replace%26quot; your lost love. Things like that take time and patience.



Finally, don't blame your parents for this, if you are old enough to know your problems, you are old enough to do some reading on your symptoms and see what you have to do to feel better.Why do I feel this constant emptiness, I%26039;ve done self-help work, and have a best friend who loves me 4 me, but?
well, one thing you can try is law of attraction. You need more of happiness and things that you want, right? then why not give it a try? I felt the same (just yesterday night) and today, I am totally okay. I am so happy and feeling fulfilled. Just try it with positive energy and it will work.Why do I feel this constant emptiness, I%26039;ve done self-help work, and have a best friend who loves me 4 me, but?
You need Jesus.

No seriosly. Go to church one sunday. Most churches aren't like people think. Crazy people running up and down the isles, having to follow all sorts of rules.

It's not really like that, If you're christian anyway. I am and I still have fun. But most importantly, you won't feel empty anymore. It worked for me.

Just give it a try!Why do I feel this constant emptiness, I%26039;ve done self-help work, and have a best friend who loves me 4 me, but?
http://www.inlightimes.com/archives/2001 I don't know if you are familar with Louise Hay so I found something on the internet to show you some samples of questions people ask her...You can find more of this by doing a serch for her name %26amp; a word that describes a problem %26amp; you will find a letter she answered....I suggest you read her book Heal Your Life %26amp; if you can go to one of the spiritual centers called Religious Science (it is not really any religion) you can go %26amp; met people like you %26amp; maybe lots of friends or activily will help you.Why do I feel this constant emptiness, I%26039;ve done self-help work, and have a best friend who loves me 4 me, but?
I don't know how long you ended your relationship but it seems you may be a little depressed. Therapy could help and wouldn't necessarily reflect on your %26quot;record%26quot; as that is protected and confidential information. No one has to know unless you tell them.



I found that people make time for what is important to them. You can find time to exercise if you REALLY want to. If that means getting up and half hour early then do it. If you want to quit smoking get the gum or patches or attend cessation classes. You are putting to much emphysis on having a significant other like life is meaningless without one. You have to find your own meaning within yourself and not look for someone else to do it for you.



If you really want some type of meaning in your life be a real mentor to this 9 yr old old girl. Take her to museums, science centers and other cultural events. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and be about the business of living. You have the opportunity to positively influence someone else and are wasting it. You will find someone else but right now it seems like you need to spend some time working on yourself and growing.



Good luck