Thursday, September 22, 2011

Identity theft: They changed my address on my credit report?

Now I cannot dispute it online and Experian only accepts online disputes. How do I dispute it another way so that Experian's online system does not forbid me from disputing it. I sent out hard copy letters to Equifax and Transunion, but Experian does not accept mail correspondence. How do I change my address back to my rightful address?Identity theft: They changed my address on my credit report?
Have you tried calling them? 1-888-397-3742



Not everyone has internet access and can dispute online.



Their website makes it seem like you can only do it online because it's easier for them with customer service. They don't make their phone number easy to find.



According to their website, you need an Experian credit report to dispute the information on it. If you don't have one from them, you can get a free one at http://annualcreditreport.com. If you've gotten a report there within the last 12 months, you'll have to purchase one.



If you've fixed your address at the other 2 credit bureaus, you could try letting it be w/ Experian for a while. They may pick up on the change and do it themselves.



Try calling them - good luck!Identity theft: They changed my address on my credit report?
Try calling the card company.



Topix Over!Identity theft: They changed my address on my credit report?
That business is worse than the criminals.