Thursday, September 22, 2011

How many women haven't changed their name...?

when they got married? I didn't and i want to hear from other people who also choose not to and their reasons why.

my reason- I guess I'm just more of a feminist than I knew, becuase when it came down to it, Ididn't feel like I should have to change my identity just beause I am a woman.

Sisters?How many women haven%26039;t changed their name...?
I kept the name my parents gave me. It was a personal choice, and my husband was comfortable with it. Our daughters share my husband's last name. When - and if - they choose to marry, they will each make the decision regarding their surname. I have known couples who choose to combine their surnames to creat a new, (sometimes) unique name for themselves - Carter and Johnson could become Carson.How many women haven%26039;t changed their name...?
my wife changed her last nameHow many women haven%26039;t changed their name...?
You don't change your identity. You merge it with your husband's.



I don't understand women who don't take their husband's last name.



My BIG question is....what is the last name of the children born into this marriage?How many women haven%26039;t changed their name...?
My sis did the same. I dont blame you.How many women haven%26039;t changed their name...?
I did EVERY time I have gotten married. Which means on legal forms I have quite a few names to list - LOL.How many women haven%26039;t changed their name...?
My aunt didn't change her name. She didn't want to because she is a dentist in a big city and it would be too hard to change her sign, her ads in the paper, and business cards and stuff.How many women haven%26039;t changed their name...?
don't worry most or all Arabic women don't change their namesHow many women haven%26039;t changed their name...?
The national average of women keeping their last name in some form (such as hyphenation) has doubled in the last ten years from 10% to 20%. The average for women not taking thier husbands name at all, just getting married and keeping thier name exactly the same is 3%.How many women haven%26039;t changed their name...?
I changed my name because, honestly, I didn't like my last name. I also had the problem as a kid that my mom had a different last name, %26amp; I hated it. My aunt chose to hyphenate. Her daughters are 9 yrs. apart %26amp; from different marriages. One of her kids has both last names, the other has the first only. It keeps it more comfortable for the kids I think.How many women haven%26039;t changed their name...?
Your IDENTITY and your NAME are two DISTINCTLY different things. If your identity is alla bout your name you are in serious trouble. If you feel you needed to keep your maiden name fine, but MOST women (the majority) do change theirs. Again, having your identity so closely wrapped up in your name is like having it wrapped up in your breasts. In other words, grow up and get a life!How many women haven%26039;t changed their name...?
I never ever wanted to change my name. I always knew this and some people did not think that was normal or even liked that about me. lol. Oh well. That is my business. So, when I did get married I kept my name AND added his. Plus he added my name to his--legally. Nice trade I think.How many women haven%26039;t changed their name...?
I changed mine...your hubbys last name must be horrible? I am still the same person I was then, just have a different name. I dont feel I changed my identity!How many women haven%26039;t changed their name...?
I know of someone who didn't change her last name when she married. I know of women who go by their maiden and married name. I don't see anything wrong with it. If you decide to keep your name, so be it.How many women haven%26039;t changed their name...?
Here's what I did to keep it simple.

First name /middle name-maiden last name / New last name

Ex. Jane Ann Smith

Now Jane Ann-Smith Newlywed



I would sign my name Jane Newlywed but my maiden name is still a part of my name.



I did not want to lose my maiden name, I have no brothers to carry on our name and it made my Dad and me happy. Also, I was in my late 20's when I was married and I didn't want to change my whole identity.How many women haven%26039;t changed their name...?
i live in the southern us, it's common here for the wifie to use her maiden name as her new middle name and then use her husbands name also. so janis sue doe marries bob smith and she become janie doe smith. i'm originally from the pacific northwest where it's not common to do that and chose to keep my middle name, that i share with my grandmother, instead. for still another choice, I went to high school with a guy who took his wifes name instead, which was sweet.How many women haven%26039;t changed their name...?
You don't lose your identity by taking your husbands last name. A name doesnt identify you. Think about it..when you die, someone has to come identify you, your name isnt enough so really, what kind of identification is a name. When someone askes for ID, do you just give them your name? No...you show them something with a photo. Your personal characteristics identify you. I took my husbands last name becase it was important to him and to me that we be known as Mr.%26amp;Mrs. You arent a Mrs. now. And your children if you have any or plan to wont have the same last name as you. You can hyphanite theirs if you want to, but its still not the same. I want to be a family someday..the Taylor family. Not the Taylor family and me with some other last name. I think you'll regret it in the future, but thats your problem...not mine.



If you read it properly you stupid moron, I'm making a point that your name is not you identity because you said you didn't want to lose your identity and if your so set on keeping you last name then why even ask the stupid question? Who cares why other people keep their name? Maybe you regret your choice if you care so bloody much. Grow up or shut up!How many women haven%26039;t changed their name...?
I hyphenated my last name because my last name is portuguese and my husband's is english. I felt like I'd be losing that part of me.How many women haven%26039;t changed their name...?
I'm a writer, so professionally I kept my last name. But legally I changed it.How many women haven%26039;t changed their name...?
I'm getting married in December and I can't wait to change my last name. I've waited a long time to do it. And I think it's also symbolizes a new beginning in your life with your husband, and all the beautiful things to come. But it's your choice and a personal decision if it was important to you to keep your name then think it's great you did! good for you for staying true to you.How many women haven%26039;t changed their name...?
My best friend's sister just got married and kept her own last name.



I will take my husband's last name when I get married, not because I am being submissive and losing my own identity, but because I love him enough to do that for him. I'm kind of into traditional things too.
  • delegates
  • email
  •