Thursday, September 22, 2011

Proofread my work please! One paragraph.?

I'm interested in the controversial topic on arranged marriages in Canada ( 11); specifically Indian and Islamic cultures. I want to argue the fact that many girls in Canada are forced to marry against their free will. Arranged marriages, in my opinion, cannot possibly offer independence, love and freedom. Especially the fact that most of them marry their arranged partner they don檛 know. I have read so many articles on arranged marriages and each article almost always ends with a dead or escaped (with identity changed) girl because it seems nearly impossible to refuse the marriage in safety. The funny thing is, most Canadians turn a blind eye to this when girls get killed or beaten because they choose not to follow their parents?wishes. This makes it difficult for me to work on this topic and get reliable sources because as I said, most Canadians don檛 acknowledge this issue so therefore it檚 not often talked in media and I檓 not sure how I can find factual information on this sinceProofread my work please! One paragraph.?
I am interested in the controversial topic on arranged marriages in Canada, specifically Indian and Islamic cultures. I want to argue the fact that many girls in Canada are forced to marry against their will. In my opinion, arranged marriages cannot possibly offer independence, love, or freedom; since most of them marry an arranged partner, they do not know. I have read many articles about it and each article usually ends with a dead girl or a girl that changes her identity to escape. The interesting thing is that most Canadians ignore when girls are killed or beaten because they did not follow their parents?wishes.

Since Canadians deny, that there is a problem there are few reliable sources and there is virtually no media coverage that makes it difficult for me to find the facts that I need to support my stance. My main problem is I am unsure about how I am going to find specific information about this in Canada because most of the articles I have read occurred in Europe, United States and other countries.Proofread my work please! One paragraph.?
I'm a Canadian and I can tell you for a fact that we don't have arranged marriages. We make our own choices even if they are bad ones. We have that freedom.Proofread my work please! One paragraph.?
...not quite sure what to proof read here.



But stick with your opinion, your main idea. Your opinion must then be supported by examples, at least two. You can definately use examples or cases outside Canada.



Remember you're persuading your audience, your teacher, I assume. So you may use a cause and effect; examples; compare and contrasts paragraphs.



I got your point but now try to find commonalities or relationships between your supporting ideas. One example, you can assert, is that like the U.S., U.K and other European countries, Canada also faces the same racial and ethnic issues. This is because like Canada, the U.S., U.K., etc are based on a western culture, tradition and religion, which then affects courting, marriage proposals and ceremonies, etc.



Hope this will help....